Ramachandra Guha is perhaps one of India’s best historians currently. This book of his talks about India’s history after it gained independence from the British.
Who is the famous historian in India?
1 Romila Thapar
Renowned history scholar and JNU professor Romila Thapar has also taught at Cornell and the University of Pennsylvania.
Who are the historians of India?
Pages in category “Historians of India”
- Ahmad Yadgar.
- M. Athar Ali.
- Mubarak Ali.
- Charles Allen (writer)
- Udai Prakash Arora.
- Muhammad Aufi.
Who are the modern Indian historians?
- Chithra Madhavan.
- Ali Khan Mahmudabad.
- Susmita Basu Majumdar.
- A. Sreedhara Menon.
- Mridula Mukherjee.
- Pranab Mukherjee.
- Rudrangshu Mukherjee.
- Kanakalatha Mukund.
Who is history of Father?
Herodotus has been called the “father of history.” An engaging narrator with a deep interest in the customs of the people he described, he remains the leading source of original historical information not only for Greece between 550 and 479 BCE but also for much of western Asia and Egypt at that time.
Who is the most famous archaeologist in India?
Braj Basi Lal, better known as ‘BB Lal’ was born in 1921, in Jhansi in the United Provinces in British India, and is one of independent India’s most prolific archaeologists. He trained under legendary archaeologist Mortimer Wheeler in 1950-52, on sites like Taxila, Harappa and Sisupalgarh.
Who wrote caste in India?
Castes in India: Their Mechanism, Genesis and Development was a paper read by B. R. Ambedkar at an anthropological seminar of Alexander Goldenweiser in New York on 9 May 1916. It was later published in volume XLI of Indian Antiquary in May 1917.
Who is a famous historian?
Ten Most Influential Historians Today
- David Christian.
- Yuval Noah Harari.
- Niall Ferguson.
- Simon Schama.
- Timothy Snyder.
- Henry Reynolds.
- Anthony Grafton.
- Marnie Hughes-Warrington.
Who has written history of India?
1. Discovery of India by Jawaharlal Nehru. Written by India’s first prime minister when he was in prison (1942-1946), this book traces India’s history starting from the Indus Valley Civilization. It gives a detailed account of the period ranging from the coming of the Aryans to the establishment of the British Empire.
Who is the father of Roman history?
“The Father of History”. Herodotus is the author The Histories, a giant work that is perhaps most famous for its account of the Greco-Persian Wars that occurred in the early 5th century BC.
Who are the two historians?
- Herodotus (484 – c. 420 BCE), Halicarnassus, wrote the Histories, which established Western historiography.
- Thucydides (460 – c. 400 BCE), Peloponnesian War.
- Xenophon (431 – c. …
- Ctesias (early 4th century BCE), Greek historian of Assyrian, Persian, and Indian history.
What is the most important moment in history?
Top 10 Moments from History
- William Shakespeare Is Born – 1564. …
- Guy Fawkes and The Gunpowder Plot Are Discovered – 1605. …
- The Battle of Waterloo – 1815. …
- Queen Victoria Becomes Queen – 1837. …
- V-E Day Marks The End Of Second World War – 1945. …
- Tim Berners-Lee Invents The World Wide Web (Internet) – 1989.
Who wrote Discovery of India?
Jawaharlal Nehru wrote the book ‘The Discovery of India’, during his imprisonment at Ahmednagar fort for participating in the Quit India Movement (1942 – 1946).
Who is the last freedom fighters of India?
Important Indian Freedom Fighters and their Journeys
|Mahatma Gandhi||Father of the Nation Civil Rights Activist in South Africa Satyagraha Civil Disobedience Movement Quit India Movement|
|C. Rajagopalachari||Last Governor-General of India Leader of Indian National Congress|
|Abdul Hafiz Mohamed Barakatullah||Revolutionary Writer|
Who wrote Indian economy?
Indian Economy, 11th edition is a comprehensive and contemporary book written by Ramesh Singh on the subject with detailed coverage of all topics prescribed by the UPSC.