Which airport has highest international flight in India?
Indira Gandhi International airport in the country’s capital was the busiest airport in terms of international passengers during the financial year 2021, with over 3.2 million passengers boarding.
How many international airports are in India?
International Airports in India – Important Pointers
There are 34 operational International Airports in India. Indira Gandhi International Airport is the largest International airport constructed in 5495 acres. It is also the busiest airport in India followed by the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.
What are 5 major airports in India?
You are here
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata.
- Chennai International Airport, Chennai.
- Thiruvananthapuram International Airport.
- Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel International Airport, Ahmedabad.
- Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport, Amritsar.
- Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Guwahati.
Which is the No 1 airport in India?
The IGI Airport is also the sixth largest airport in the world with a total capacity of 12.5 million passengers per year. The Delhi airport has consecutively been awarded as the best airport in India (along with Mumbai’s international airport) by the revered Airports Council International.
Which state has no airport in India?
Before the construction of this airport, Sikkim was the only State of India that did not have an airport. It is one of the 5 highest airports of India.