How many sources are there in modern India?
The sources for the History of Modern India is mostly Literary Sources . Indian life . different fields such as Medicine , Engineering , Technology , Art , Literature , History, Mathematics , Music , Dance and Drama.
What are sources of modern India?
Written sources include Literatures, Travel Accounts, Diaries, Auto Biographies, Pamphlets, Government Documents, and Manuscripts.
What are the sources of the modern period?
Primary sources can include:
- Newspaper articles.
- Diary entries.
- Court files.
- And more…
How many sources are there in India?
There are 2 main sources of Indian history: Archaeological. Literary.
Which is the primary source of modern Indian history?
A primary source of information for historians is the official records of the British administration. The British kept written records of every key instruction, meeting, transaction, investigation, plan, policy decision and agreement.
What are the sources of modern Indian history class 8?
- Books of contemporary authors and leaders.
- Official records of the Government like revenue records and administrative records etc.
- Personal dairies of leaders like J. …
- Oral evidences of old aged persons.
- Newspapers and journals-local, national as well as international.
- Creative literature and paintings.
What are the secondary sources of modern Indian history?
A Secondary Source
- literature reviews.
- journal articles (which are not primary reports of new research)
- newspaper & magazine articles which do not give first hand accounts.
- book reviews.
What is the modern period in India?
The mid 18th century is considered the Modern Period in the history of India.
How many types of sources are there in India history?
Yet there are sources from which history is written. These sources are divided into two main groups. They are Archaeological and Literary. The Archaeological Source can again be divided into three groups, namely, Archaeological Remains and Monuments, Inscriptions and Coins.
What are sources of India?
Ancient Indian History – Sources
- Literary and Archaeological records are the two main categories that give evidences of Ancient Indian History.
- The literary source includes literature of Vedic, Sanskrit, Pali, Prakrit, and other literature along with other foreign accounts.
What are the five main sources of ancient Indian history?
- Vedic/Hindu canonical literature. It comprised of sources like four Vedas, Brahmans, Aranyakas, Upanishads, Shad-darshanas, Shad-angas, Sutras, Smritis and Puranas.
- Buddhist Canonical Literature. …
- Jain Canonical Literature. …
- Scientific Treaties. …
- Sculptures & Paintings Sculptures.